Venturini Motorsports Talladega Superspeedway Pre-Race Fast Facts
Series: ARCA Menards Series
Track: Talladega Superspeedway
Race: General Tire 200
Duration: 76 laps / 200 miles
Segments: Halfway break at or near conclusion of lap-38
TV/Radio: 1:00PM CT FS1 – MRN & SiriusXM Ch. 385 and online Ch. 985
· LAST TIME OUT: Before the shutdown due to Covid-19, the ARCA Menards Series last ran at Phoenix Raceway on Friday, March 6. Chandler Smith earned the checkered flag for the inaugural event.
· DRIVER REPORT: This week’s VMS driver lineup:
o Drew Dollar – No. 15 Lynx Capital, Dollar Concrete Toyota Camry
o Ryan Repko - No. 20 Craftsman Toyota Camry
o Michael Self – No. 25 Sinclair Oil, Champion Power Equipment Toyota Camry
· DOWN TIME: During the down time all of the VMS drivers participated in various iRacing events across numerous series to stay on top of their game. Drew Dollar also recently competed in a Cars Tour event at Hickory Motor Speedway, while Ryan Repko tackled Toledo Speedway in the ARCA Menards Series East event.
· CREW CHIEFS: VMS will once again utilize Shannon Rursch (No. 15), Billy Venturini (No. 20) and Kevin Reed (No. 25) as their crew chiefs for the event.
· SCHEDULE: The General Tire 200 will have a limited practice session from 10-10:30 AM CT on Saturday. While there is no qualifying session on schedule, positions 1-20 will be set by 2019 Owners Points and 21-30 via a random draw.
· FIRST TALLADEGA TRIP: Both Drew Dollar (No. 15) and Ryan Repko (No. 20) will have Saturday’s race mark their first start at the longest oval track at 2.66-miles on the circuit.
· GENERAL TIRE SUPERSPEEDWAY CHALLENGE: The General Tire 200 will be race number three of the General Tire Superspeedway Challenge, which recognizes the car owner who accumulates the most points in the designated events.
· LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION: Tune in live on FS1 Saturday, June 20 at 1 PM CT and be sure to look for the Michael Self with the Sinclair Oil in-car camera as well as Drew Dollar with the Bounty Rookie Spotlight in-car camera.
· SOCIAL: Fans can interact with VMS and their drivers on social media utilizing the different outlets:
o Facebook: VenturiniMotorsports
o Twitter: @VenturiniMotor
o Instagram: VenturiniMotorsports
o Hashtags: #FlyTheV #TeamToyota #DINOracing #PoweringChampions
Michael Self – No. 25 Sinclair Oil, Champion Power Equipment Toyota Camry
“I can’t believe it’s finally race week again. I feel like it’s been forever since we’ve been on track and I know I speak for everyone on the No. 25 Sinclair Oil, Champion Power Equipment Toyota team when I say we can’t wait to get going again. With that being said, we’ve got to go in and be smart and try to execute just like we did at Daytona (International Speedway). I’ve been fortunate to have some solid top-five runs at Talladega, be we have to be patient and not force anything and play whatever card we’re dealt to try and keep things clean and do it again.”